PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has taken the gaming community by storm in the past few weeks and also claimed some new milestones since its availability.
Last week, the game designer confirm a new update set for launch later this week that will add a new Foggy weather in the game, some new weapons, towns and a couple of tweaks and balances. However, the update is now available for the test servers and we also have the patch notes of the September update.
The new update adds a new foggy weather in the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds that aims to make gameplay more difficult as it will be affecting visibility conditions for every player out in the fields. As per the developers of, there is a low probability for the fog to occur in the field but when it does, it will definitely cause problem for the players.
Additionally, it brings a new 5.56 semi-automatic rifle the Mini-14 that uses sniper rifle attachments for both muzzle and magazine slots. It is said that the rifle has lower damage stats if compared to the other rifles but it is compensated with high muzzle velocity and low bullet drop.
Furthermore, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds new update will feature a new town known as “East of Stalber” with several improvements and optimizations so that the game can be played on low-end PCs as well. It appears that the developer studio has also worked on other weapons’ recoil system and other several performance improvements as well.
Check out the patch notes of the September update right below;
- Optimized shadows
- Improved performance on low-end PCs by optimizing buildings
- Optimized client and server performance when there are multiple vehicles in a close vicinity
- Optimized UI
- Added Foggy weather
o The foggy weather effect will hinder player sight on the map. This weather effect has a low probability to occur
o In order to test the weather effect, the foggy weather will have a higher chance to occur during test server gameplay, but will be reduced for Live servers
- Enhanced graphics of the sky in pre-existing weather effects
- Added a new town, East of Stalber
- Added a new weapon, the Mini-14: The Mini-14 is a lightweight and compact 5.56 semi-automatic marksman rifle. The weapon uses sniper rifle attachments for both the muzzle and magazine slots, and can take any type of optic sight. This weapon has lower damage stats than other DMR’s, which is compensated by very high muzzle velocity and low bullet drop.
- Distance at which shadows are rendered are now synchronized across all graphics settings to ensure fair play.
- Characters who are knocked out while underwater will now have a breath gauge as well as take additional damage over time.
- Adjusted the balance of several weapons: Increased the Crossbow reload speed by 35%. Tommy gun has been removed from Care Packages and become a world spawn. It now supports attachments such as the Silencer, Vertical Foregrip, and Magazines.Horizontal recoil scale has been clamped for greater consistency for weapons with high horizontal recoils.
- You may now holster grenades by switching to another weapon or unarmed state unless the grenades have already been cooked.
- The firing mode of weapons will now remain consistent with the firing mode that was selected, after dropping a weapon and picking it back up again.
- Adjusted the collision damage of Motorcycles.
- Recoil animations are updated for all weapons.
- Adjusted animations and balance of throwables: Decreased fuse time of the Flash Grenade to 2.5 seconds. Increased the lethal and injury ranges of the Frag Grenade. Improved the animation for throwing grenades to allow for increased speeds and more accurate trajectories, but decreased visual trajectory distance of throwables. Cooking of grenades is now manual (Default key set to R). You may now toggle the throwing mode between overhead and roll (Default key set to Right Mouse Click). The movement speed of a character affects the trajectory of throwables.
- Improved leaning animation; leaning on the left side to expose less of the body.
- Sprinting will no longer prevent regeneration of breath gauge and will stop leaning state automatically.
- You may change your stance while reloading without cancelling the reload.
- Added new sounds when using Consumables.
- Adjusted the audible ranges of reloading and window breaking.
- Added a new sound for collisions between vehicles and characters.
- Added new sound for the animation of removing the grenade safety pin.
- Characters that fall or glitch underneath the map will now be reset to the ground automatically.
- Fixed a bug where FOV slider value would be improperly set inside of vehicles in FPP mode, regardless of FOV slider setting.
- Fixed a bug resulting in clients freezing when changing controls in the options.
- Corrected the descriptions of certain weapon attachments.
- Fixed animation bugs of other characters after reconnecting to a game.
- Fixed several bugs related to the Spectator mode.
- Fixed a bug of the breath gauge appearing at zero at the start of the game.
- Reloading will now cancel if a character loots an item with Right Click during reload.
- Fixed a bug with the honking sound remaining persistent when opening the map or performing other actions while honking.
- You may no longer set different features on a single key bind in the Options.
- Fixed a graphic bug of the Magazine position on the weapon in the Inventory screen when switching to a different weapon.
- Revised the BP methodology to prevent BP farming and idle users from gaining BP.
- Added FPP Leaderboard for all regions with FPP.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights now works on Window 7 and Window 8 (However, if Windows Aero is disabled it may not work).
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now available on PC via Steam Early Access and already managed to attract over 1 million concurrent players, leaving every other game including Valve’s own free-to-play Dota 2 behind. Stay tuned for more upates!