Valve has released the final report on the hardware and software of Steam, which shows the stats during the month of July, only 34 percent of players were using a Full HD screen (1920 x 1080p) while a 26 percent of them are playing games at an HD resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. The surprise is in the use multiple monitors, with a share of a 29 percent of steam users run at 3840 x 1080 resolution.
Only 34% of Steam Gamers play Games at 1080p
Regarding the CPUs, the 48% of the players make use of a dual core CPU, while the four cores are left with a 45% share. Of all the CPUs used, 75 percent of Rigs are equipped with Intel, so the remaining quarter (25%) belongs to AMD. In terms of Graphics cards NVDIA dominates AMD, DirectX 11 GPU’s conquer the lesser DX10-supported cards.
Below you can see the full stats of Steam user hardware specs for July 2015.
- OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit 44.91%
- System RAM: 8 GB 31.07%
- Intel CPU Speeds: 2.3 GHz to 2.69 GHz 21.60%
- Physical CPUs: 2 cpus 48.26%
- VRAM: 1024 MB 31.76%
- Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 34.72%
- Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 3840 x 1080 28.90%
- Language: English 47.85%
- Free Hard Drive Space: 250 GB to 499 GB 26.46%
- Total Hard Drive Space: 250 GB to 499 GB 31.95%