A Sony subsidiary, called Nextorage announced the launch of its NEM-PA SSD, which is specifically designed for use in the PlayStation 5 console. Basically it is still an M.2 SSD with a PCI-Express 4.0 x4 interface that complies with Sony’s requirements at the speed level, as well as integrating a bulky heatsink to avoid possible temperature problems.

Nextorage NEM-PA M.2 SSD will come in two variants of different capacity: 1 TB and 2 TB. The 1TB model offers read speeds of up to 7300MB / s while writing speeds up to 6000MB / s. In 4K random performance we speak of 750,000 / 1,000,000 read and write IOPS respectively, with a lifespan of 700 TB of written data.

You Might Like: Sony secures 22 million chips for PlayStation 5 Consoles

The 2 TB capacity model offers sequential speeds of up to 7300/6900 MB /s with a random speed of 1,000,000 IOPS in both read and write. Regarding durability, it doubles to 1,400 TB of written data.

The information of the Nextorage NEM-PA is completed with the use of an aluminum heatsink to reduce temperatures and avoid performance problems during heavy use, and there is basically no detail around its availability, price or the chips memory it uses.

As a controller, Sony owns 51% of Nextorage while the remaining 49% is Phison Electronics, so it is clear that they resolve this section.

Previous articleXiaomi Redmi G will arrive with 16.1 ″ @ 144 Hz IPS panel coupled with GeForce RTX 3060
Next articleMicrosoft to launch affordable 500GB SSD for Xbox Series X | S Consoles
Hardware enthusiast, Gamer, Writer. I enjoy picking up games, putting them back down, and then writing about it.