Good news for those PC gamers who were angry because of the fps lock while playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom. Although the game is running flawlessly at the locked 60 fps, but those who want to test the real potential by maxing out MGS5, can now play beyond 60 fps.
One member at NeoGAF named Alo81 found a way to unlock by making some changes in the configuration file. Following are the steps which he posted:
Except frame lock, another member named rhayader shared a mod from which players can change the costumes of Solid Snake to Quiet with Metal Gear Solid 1. In order to do so, download a file from here, and then follow these steps:
- Navigate to your “Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\master\” fodler
- Extract this archive in there, so you should see two new subfolders: “Assets” and “QAR Tool”
- Backup the file named chunk0.dat as it will be overriden
- Open the “QAR Tool” folder in a new window (by the way, QAR Tool is from https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12407&start=285)
- Drag and Drop “chunk0.dat” over “MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe” to extract the contents from chunk0.dat.Now you should have a new subfolder named “chunk0” as well as a new file “chunk0.inf”
- Drag and drop the “Assets” folder from step 2 inside the new “chunk0” folder. It should ask you to merge folders and override one file, namely “plparts_mgs1.fpk”. Hit “yes” to everything
- Last step: Drag and drop “chunk0.inf” (INF, not .dat) over “MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe” to repack the contents. This will recreate a new chunk0.dat and should take around 1 minute.
Hope you’re enjoying one of the top game of 2015, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Stay tuned for more updates!