Kingston announced its new series of mid-range SSDs UV300. On the market there are three models that differ from one another capacity and efficiency. The new series is to be attractively priced, although at this time the manufacturer has not revealed any information on the price of specific models.
Kingston launches UV300 Series SSDs – Specification
Kingston UV300 is a new family of media-based SSD based on the TLC NAND. The new media ensure Phison controller S10, and uses a SATA 6 GB / s. Interestingly, the new SSDs are thinner than most of the available in the market – its thickness is only 5 mm. Included you will find special adapter, however, increasing the value to the standard 7 mm or 9.5 mm.
The transfer of compressed data (test ATTO):
- 120 GB – 550 MB / s for reading and 350 MB / s for writing,
- 240 GB – 550 MB / s for reading and 490 MB / s for writing,
- 480 GB – 550 MB / s for reading and 510 MB / s for writing.
The Transfer of data (testing the AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark):
- 120 GB – 505 MB / s for reading and 280 MB / s for writing,
- 240 GB – 510 MB / s for reading and 445 MB / s for writing,
- 480 GB – 510 MB / s for reading and 495 MB / s for writing.
Much bigger difference we see in the case of the number of input and output. While the maximum random read speed at 4K blocks is a decent 95000 IOPS, so the maximum write speed is only 26,000 IOPS in most capacious version 13,000 IOPS is for 120GB model. As already mentioned, prices were not disclosed at this moment. Product in the first place will be launched in Russia.