The manufacturer announced the availability of its first official SSD with PCIe interface.
After showcasing in January during CES in Las Vegas, HyperX has finally made available for purchase its new Predator PCIe SSD in denominations of 240GB and 480GB.
Kingston Launches HyperX Predator PCIe
Predator PCIe SSDs are able to offer the best performance of the entire line of the manufacturer, boasting sequential read and write speed, respectively, up to 1400 MB / 1000 MB / s, thanks to the fast PCI Express 2.0 x4. Excellent performance also offers read and write random access of small files, respectively equal to 119,000 / 78,000 IOPS.
The new HyperX Predator PCIe uses a high performance controller Marvell 88SS9293 and NAND Flash MLC A19nm production from Toshiba, appropriately concentrated in a PCB ultra compact form factor M.2, now widespread on the platforms of the latest generation.v
For those who are in possession of older motherboards, obviously there would not be the M.2 connector, so the manufacturer offers the opportunity to experience the thrill of extreme performance offered by Predator on PCIe interface, providing an optional adapter HHHL, which allows use even in a rather compact cabinet.
The product will be covered by a three year warranty from the manufacturer, and free technical support.
You can see the prices from the table below, ranging from $230 for model with 240Gb to $470 of the flagship model with HHHL adapter and featuring size of 480Gb.
|Part Number||Capacity||Form Factor||Price|
|SHPM2280P2 / 240G||240GB||M.2||$ 230|
|SHPM2280P2 / 480G||480GB||M.2||$ 458|
|SHPM2280P2H / 240G||240GB||HHHL||$ 240|
|SHPM2280P2H / 480G||480GB||HHHL||$ 470|
Specifications of Predator PCIe SSDs
- Form factor: M.2 2280 with optional adapter HHHL
- Warranty: Three years with free technical support
- Interface: PCIe Gen 2.0 x 4
- Capacity: 240GB, 480GB
- Controller: Marvell 88SS9293
- Consumption: 1,38W Idle / 1.4W Avg. / 1,99W (MAX) Read / 8,25W (MAX)
- Max Storage Temperature: -40 ° C ~ 85 ° C
- Max Operating Temperature: 0 ° C ~ 70 ° C
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm (M.2) or 180,98mm 120,96mm x x 21,59mm (with adapter HHHL standard) or 181,29mm x 80,14mm x 23,40mm (with adapter HHHL low profile)
- Weight: 10g (M.2) or 73g (with adapter HHHL standard) or 68g (with adapter HHHL low profile)
- Vibration resistance in operating conditions: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration resistance Non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
- Life expectancy of the product (MTBF): 1 million hours
- Maximum number of entries (TBW): 415TB (1.6 DWPD) for 240GB or 882TB (1.7 DWPD) for the 480GB