Announced in June during the E3 2015 even for PC and confirmed months later in March 2016, Adam Isgreen (creative director of Killer Instinct) reiterated via Twitch the reboot of the saga of Rare will debut on Windows 10 with the Season 3 adding some changes in both PC and Xbox One.
Killer Instinct – Season 3 confirmed for March 2016; New Details
- A new Dojo Tutorial will be added
- Tusk and Kim Wu will be available at launch
- All the characters presented tweaks to balance the new features introduced in Season 3
- Two characters from the current roster have been complemented updated, so some movements and the way they acquire meter will be different. It has been confirmed that they are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although the Ultimates are not confirmed for all the characters, you may happen if, thanks to technology developed by the study when they created the character ARIA
- It will make bundles of the community in Season 3 due to successful fundraising for Shadow Jago. The purpose of these collections will be determined by the community, depending on what you want to see in Season 3 that could not be implemented at launch. Therefore, if you want a guest character, setting, gameplay, property, etc., it never hurts to propose. Community proposals are always evaluated.
- More information Pax South unveil at the event that will take place in San Antonio (Textas) between 29 and 31 January
For those who are unaware, Killer Instinct will be cross-buy and cross-play between Windows 10 and Xbox One. This means we can buy the game for one platform and play run it on the other, and on the other hand, users of both platforms can battle online.
While it has been already confirmed that games like Fable Legends and Gears of War Ultimate Edition will support DirectX12, but at the moment there is no indication that Killer Instinct will also use some features of Microsoft API.