Horizon Zero Dawn, a new adventure title from Guerrilla Games is finally here after a long time. The was released earlier this month and currently stands tall in the top 10 sales chart, and also categorized as the biggest PS4 launch after the Uncharted 4 and biggest franchise for the console of 2017 so far.
Just like the other titles, the game had some performance related issues reported by many gamers and the studio have released a new update 1.04 for Horizon Zero Dawn addressing a number of bugs and issues. The update certainly didn’t fix all the reported issues, but mainly the most reported ones in the main quests, side quests and activities.
See also: 10 INSANE Details In Horizon Zero Dawn
Check out the patch notes of Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.04 and be alert as it contains some spoilers as well;
- Fixed an issue in “The Proving” where one of the attackers would fall down the slope.
- Fixed an issue in “The Womb of the Mountain” where the spear would not be in Aloy’s inventory if players opened a treasure box with a DLC item before retrieving Aloy’s weapons. Note: Players who have already encountered the issue will need to reload from a game saved prior to this quest.
- Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where players would be able to enter the gates of Mother’s Watch when fast-traveling to this location.
- Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where the quest objective would not update from “Go to the Carja Border Fort” to “Kill the corrupted machines”.
- Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where players could not progress through the Carja Fort.
- Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where Erend wouldn’t spawn after the dialogue with him ended if players rushed past the civilians on the bridge.
- Fixed an issue in “The Sun Shall Fall” where players couldn’t return to Dervahl if they fast-traveled during the objective “Talk to Dervahl”.
- Fixed an issue in “The Grave Hoard” where skipping the conversation with Sylens at the end of the quest and immediately restarting would prevent “To Curse the Darkness” from starting.
- Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where players couldn’t enter the bunker if they fast-traveled away from the objective after they had interacted with the bunker.
- Fixed an issue in “The Terror of the Sun” where Aloy would respawn in an empty arena after being killed by the Behemoth. Note: Players who have already encountered the issue will need to go to Sunfall, at which point they will be teleported back into the arena to continue the quest.
- Fixed an issue where exploration music would drop out after a long period of play.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy could become ‘stuck’ in her sliding animation.
- Fixed miscellaneous issues to improve the overall play experience.
Horizon Zero Dawn is a PS4 exclusive and received a great critical reception and fan support. It has its unique gameplay set in a massive open world with an interactive story.
The story revolves around Aloy, who was forced to leave her tribe base and from that time she had a thirst to know about herself. She is the only one in her tribe who knows about machines in comparison to others in the tribe. Also, she is the first one who knows how to override the machines and tame them to use them as ride.
Stay tuned for more updates!