Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice was the most awarded game at the ceremony of the British Academy Games Awards 2018 held in the United Kingdom, where the BAFTA awards were given, the Oscars of the video game world.
The game of Ninja Theory has been awarded with five distinctions, among them the best British game. However, the game still not managed to take the most important award of the night: the best game, which has gone to What Remains of Edith Finch.
What Remains of Edith Finch has managed to beat major titles such as Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Hellblade, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and the Super Mario Odyssey provided to its developers, Giant Sparrow, its second big recognition after getting in 2013 the best debut with The Unfinished Swan.
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, based on the adventures of a Celtic warrior with serious psychological problems that makes an incursion into the Viking land.
With mixed reviews regarding the gameplay is concerned, the vast majority of media has agreed to recognize the beauty and complexity of the game of the British editor.
The rest of the winners for all the categories are the following:
- Artistic Achievement – Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – Ninja Theory Ltd
- Musical achievement – Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – David Garcia Diaz – Ninja Theory Ltd
- Best game – What Remains of Edith Finch – Giant Sparrow / Annapurna Interactive
- Best British Game – Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – Ninja Theory Ltd
- Best debutante game – Gorogoa – Jason Roberts, Buried Signal / Annapurna Interactive
- Best evolving game – Overwatch – Blizzard Entertainment
- Best family game – Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo EPD / Nintendo
- Game beyond fun – Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – Ninja Theory Ltd
- Best game design – Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo EPD / Nintendo
- Best innovative game – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Nintendo EPD / Nintendo
- Best mobile game – Golf Clash – Paul Gouge, Alex Rigby, Gareth Jones – Playdemic
- Best Multiplayer game – Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Larian Studios Games
- Best Original Music – Cuphead – StudioMDHR Entertainment Inc.
- Best Narrative – Night in the Woods – Scott Benson, Alec Holowka, Bethany Hockenberry – InfiniteFall / Finji
- Best original content – Horizon Zero Dawn – Guerrilla / Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
- Best performer – Melina Juergens as Senua – Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice