Take Two Interactive announced at its quarterly fiscal meeting that the Grand Theft Auto 5, developed by Rockstar has already reached and surpassed the 80 million copies sold worldwide. But the figures do not stop there, since the last fiscal report, made in February, the video game has harvested 5 million copies sold, something quite impressive if we remember that the title hit the market in September 2013.

Grand Theft Auto 5: More Than 80 Million Copies Sold

New Update for Grand Theft Auto Online Coming Next Week

You Might Like: Rockstar planning whole United States as map for GTA 6

This has been confirmed by Take Two CEO, Strauss Zelnick, who commented that the Grand Theft Auto V has reached these figures because “it is still an attractive game that catches the attention of new audiences, especially the usual users of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One .

Another interesting fact about sales of the Grand Theft Auto 5 is that, of the 80 million copies sold, only a 25 percent were in digital format, while the physical format reaped the remaining 75 percent. In addition, sales have been sharply pronounced in 2016 compared to previous years, as over the past year, the Rockstar title earned the company  $880.7 million, accounting for 50 percent of their total earnings. On the other hand, the report also talks about GTA Online, one of the most attractive aspects for consumers, thanks to the numerous updates with new content that the company shares from time to time.

Previous articleApple Beats Earphones Explosive Case, Company Will Not Pay for Damages
Next articleCooler Master Cosmos II Anniversary Edition With Tempered Glass
Hardware enthusiast, Gamer, Writer. I enjoy picking up games, putting them back down, and then writing about it.