The Biohazard Declassified site has published information received from a source close to the site, which claims to have the first details about Resident Evil 8. The details were leaked by a person who had previoously leaked Project Resistance on the GameFAQs site 10 months before official announcement.
Among the rumored or details details we know following;
- Ethan of Resident Evil 7 will return as playable characters
- Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
- It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but it will have a more ingenious name.
- It will be in first person as Resident Evil 7
- The game begins in a village that leads to a castle.
- The scenarios will be rural, snowy and mountainous. Possibly set in Europe.
- Regular zombies will appear instead of the Resident Evil 7 Molded.
- There is a grim enemy that will stalk you, but will escape in case you shoot him.
- There are creatures similar to wolves (or werewolves) that will attack the player in certain areas.
- Chris Redfield will also be present in some way.
These rumors align with those published by insider Nibel: