YouTube channel Cycu1 published the first comparison video between the PC version of Final Fantasy XV against the Playstation 4 Pro. In the material you can immediately see PC content on the highest resolution available (4K resolution) with higher texture and a much more detailed environmental occlusion.
Final Fantasy XV for PC was announced during the Gamescom this week. Incorporating the subtitle “Windows Edition” of the studio is promoting it as the definitive version of this new installment of the series, with high levels of resolution, support for HDR and Dolby Atmos, and a full set of effects from NVIDIA GameWorks including:
- NVIDIA Flow – to dynamically create liquid fuel, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – to dynamically create hair and fur that looks real to the characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game world.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – to create realistic shadows that soften as you move away from the light source.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – to create grass and dynamic vegetation in the environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physical principles of shadow and light.
A launch is expected in early 2018.