Two weeks after its official launch, the Final Fantasy XIV team has prepared itself strongly for the release of the second expansion pack, Stormblood, scheduled for June 20, 2017.
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood Coming On June 20, 2017
“Having ended the thousand years of conflict between the dragon and man in the north, the Warrior of Light and his companions are preparing to free Ala Mhigo, a land conquered by the Garlean Empire twenty years ago. Meanwhile, in the Far East, the freedom fighters of the fallen Doma nation struggle to revive the fires of hope in their compatriots.
The time has come to embark on a new adventure to nearby and distant kingdoms to rise with the people of Eorzea and the Far East and bring down the scoundrels of Garlemald! “
As you can see in the trailer above, there are many new things that the Warriors of Light can experience in Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. A new story, new work, a renewed battle system, swimming, scuba diving, and much more.
- New Work – Samurai (Role of DPS) : The Samurai joins the Red Mage as one of the new works to debut in Stormblood. The Katana keeper is a powerful short-range attacker and master of fighting techniques, “Iai”, who can save energy within his katana and release it for special attacks. This new work will allow players to learn and master the art of the “Sen” and its three forces while developing their skills: “Setsu” (Snow), “Getsu” (Moon) and “Ka” (Flower).
- New City – Kugane : Located within Hingashi, a nation in the archipelago to the east, is a city with a very strict policy of isolation, Kugane is the only port open to trading ships. Violent acts are prohibited within the walls of this city.
- An Additional Bestial and Primal Tribe : The Ruby Sea is one of the new accessible areas on the continent of Othard and home to the Kojin – skilled merchants who reside in underwater settlements and trade with other races. The Kojin believe that a unique god resides in all objects and they are collectors of treasures that contain powerful divinities. This bestial tribe, like the others in Eorzea, is intertwined with its worship of a Primal: Lord of the Revel, Susano.
- New Dungeons : Several new and challenging dungeons, including Yanxia and The Azim Steppe, await adventurers in Stormblood as they explore Othard’s locations.
- Residential Areas : The upgraded new residential area, Shirogane, was announced. This residential area in Kugane brings a whole new style of houses to players, with oriental-style seating.