During the Fan Festival in Tokyo, producer/director of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, Naoki Yoshida, shared some details about the long-awaited first expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn entitled Heavensward and the changes that will be implemented with patch 2.5. Among the details, they introduced a new playable race, raid to high levels, two new works, as well as information on the items of the Collector’s Edition, the box art and other items that include with this edition. As a surprise of many players, they also made the announcement of the famous composer Nobuo Uematsu, who will do his job of composing the main theme of Heavensward.
Final Fantasy’s Expansion Heavensward will give us more new locations to explore, which includes The Holy See of Ishgard a kind of city then we can explore more open-world areas including more dungeons. Heavenwards primary location will be The Holy See of Ishgard, the expanded main focus will be ending Ishgard and its neighboring Dravnia war, which has been going on for a 1000 year, The battles will be more pretty cool in this expansion.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn – New details about Patch 2.5
The players were shown in the video featured three new dungeons, Keeper of the Lake, Wanderer’s Palace (Hard Mode) & Amdapor Keep (Hard Mode), entitled World of Darkness. Yoshida also shared more details on the patch 2.5 of FINAL FANTASY XIV. A Realm Reborn, claiming that it will come before the second quarter of 2015, during the nineteenth episode of the series of “Letters Live Producer”. Finally, Yoshida gave a little ahead of Manderville Gold Saucer to be implemented in patch 2.5, which in turn will present mini games like Triple Triad and racing chocobo.
Gathering the information given on the Fan Festival:
- The introduction of a brand-new playable race, the Au Ra
- New Job: Astrologian (Healer role) Astrologians channel celestial magicks through their star globe in order to heal others and make use of a divining deck to support their fellow party members
- New Job: Machinist (DPS role) Machinists wield firearms to deal damage from afar and employ turret-like weaponry on the battlefield to create further mayhem
- The reveal of the next major raid challenge that awaits adventurers, the mechanical fortress Alexander
- An announcement that Nobuo Uematsu would be composing theHeavensward main theme
- The Collector’s Edition will include the following items:
- A book of conceptual art
- A collectible figure of a dragon
- A disc including several videos and trailers
- Digital Items: Mounting of a griffin, a helmet designed based on the Dark Knight Cecil and Kain minion string.