Two days ago, Bethesda announced a new update for Fallout 4 bringing HD texture pack on PCs while also adding PS4 Pro support for the game. The patch will officially go live someday next week, but the beta version for PC is now available to download via Steam.
Fallout 4 update 1.9 beta for PC brings support for high resolution texture pack, improvements for the mods, general game performance and stability improvements. The high resolution textures can be disabled from the launcher for those gamers whose whose system isn’t capable of handling the game properly with the HD textures, so all of the Fallout 4 gamers can try out the new update.
The official update will require additional 25 GB of the disk space. Below are the added features and general fixes of the update 1.9 beta;
- Support for High Resolution Texture Pack
- Added Featured category for mods
- Added ability to sort Highest Rated and Most Favorited filters by today, week, month and all time
- Added number of ratings count to Mods Browsing Menu
- Added number of favorites count to Mod Details page
- Added required dependencies to Mod Details page
- Added latest version number and notes to Mod Details page
- General performance and stability improvements
- Improvements to Reporting mods categories
- Fixed occasional crashes while scrolling through Load Order menu
- Improved Bethesda.net error messaging
The Fallout 4 update for PS4 Pro will also be released next week, adding native 1440p support, improved draw distance of trees, grass and much more. The game is available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned for more updates!