While it was revealed that the EA will be focused towards the much awaited Shooter game, Star Wars: Battlefront this year. The Star Wars: Battlefront is scheduled for release on November 17, 2015. Usually, during the Q4 of most of the year, EA releases a new addition to the famous action-shooter franchise, Battlefield.

It was also expected that the previous addition to the franchise, Battlefield Hardline may release during the Q4 of 2014 but EA delayed the release of BF Hardline and final date announced for release was March 17, 2015. Therefore, it was expected that BF fans may not see a new Battlefield game this year.

Yesterday, EA representative confirmed the release of new Battlefield and said that it will be released next year, in 2016.

What we’ve said is that our intention over the next couple of years is to have a first-person shooter as one of the core titles. This year, obviously, it’s Star Wars Battlefront. Next year, it’s another Battlefield title.“- said Blake Jorgensen, Chief Financial Officer of EA Games during an investor call

It was previously confirmed that the new Battlefield after Battlefield Hardline will be a military based shooting game, just like all the previous addition to the franchise, except Battlefield Hardline, which was more of cops vs criminal.

The BF fans will have to play Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline and the upcoming shooter, Star Wars: Battlefront for now as the new Battlefield will take period of almost a year. Stay tuned for more!