Another memorable studio becomes a victim of greedy clutches of Electronic Arts. I guess that was expected after the disastrous launch of the latest Simcity and its controversial DRM online. Complaints were too obvious and EA forced Maxis Emeryville to release an update to play in offline mode, but the damage was done. People had lost credibility in the studio, even after the departure of Will Wright during the early development stage of The Sims 3.
A minute of silence for Maxis Emeryville.
Other victims EA Studios:
- Mythic Entertainment (Warhammer Online)
- Westwood Studios (Command & Conquer)
- Bullfrog (Dungeon Keeper, Populus, Syndicate, Theme Hospital / Park)
- Danger Closed (Medal of Honor)
- Origin Systems (Ultima, Wing Commander)
- Victory Studios (who was doing the new C & C)
- Pandemic Studios (Battlezone II, Full Spectrum Warrior, Star Wars: Battlefront, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, The Saboteur)
- EA Chicago (Fight Night Round, Def Jam: Icon)