The new patch for the Dragon Age: Inquisition is on its way, headed for all platforms and the patch notes of this patch were also revealed. The Patch 9 will improve the game performance, especially multiplayer performance and the bug fixes too.
Regardless of performance, a new multiplayer character named “Pala, the Silent Sister” is also added. The blog states that the Pala is a “a zealous dwarven warrior with an unwavering dedication to the art of war”, “willingly chose exile to join the Inquisition in its perpetual struggle against the enemies of Thedas”.
Pala is a new determined female character with the ability of fighting till death. The game designer Lake Burret states, “We nicknamed Pala ‘the silent wrecking ball’ because her gameplay revolves around using Charging Bull to get into the middle of the fray and then wreaking havoc on all surrounding enemies. She builds guard on each hit, and a lot of her abilities can hit multiple enemies, so you really benefit from being surrounded.”
Following are the patch notes of the upcoming Patch 9:
- Fixed an issue where resetting options of any category could also reset the game difficulty.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Multiplayer potions to be consumed if target mode was entered and cancelled.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the Yavanalis staff headpiece to not display in Multiplayer.
- Added a hot key for Salvage in Multiplayer.
- Fixed some issues that caused some localized text to not fit in their proper display areas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause XP and other stats to double in Multiplayer.
- [PC] Fixed an issue which could cause on-screen flickering when using AMD Crossfire dual GPU and Mantle.
- [Xbox One] Fixed unnecessary “online connection” popup at game launch
- [PS4] Fixed an issue which could cause the game to become unresponsive when losing connection while joining a full Multiplayer session.
The new character will be playable after updating the game with patch 9, only for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Release date of this patch is yet to be revealed. Stay tuned for more!