Deus Ex Mankind Divided was released last week on August 23rd for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Soon after the game’s release, many players reported performance related issues, crashes, bugs, and the strange mouse acceleration on the PC.
The issues and bugs led to the negative reviews to the game by many Steam users with “mixed” opinions. Among them, one was the issue of opposite mouse axis settings for which the developers have concluded that “ignore what they are seeing in the menu and use what they are noticing in-game”. Developers on the blog update posted some workarounds for the issues and released a patch the next day for PC.
However, seems that this issue is addressed as the developer Nixxes has released a new patch for the PC platform that fixes the mouse sensitivity issue as well as issues with 21:9 setups and player movement were reported. The new patch is available to those who had purchased the game and will be updated automatically when the game gets started next time.
Check out the patch notes below;
- Adjustments to the Mouse Sensitivity settings, which mean that you can now set sensitivity for the X and Y axis separately.
- Increased range of Mouse Sensitivity settings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause missing geometry in the Dubai level.
- Fixed an issue with player movement and running on stairs and sloped surfaces.
- Fixed various issues with 21:9 setups.
- Fixed an issue where the “Unmark All” prompt would stay on screen.
- Field of view setting now displays the angle used.
While there’s an option for those who want to switch back to the previous builds of v1.0_build 524.6 and v2.0_build 524.7, with beta available on Steam. It was also mentioned that the studio will be monitoring the game and will release updates in the near future if necessary. Deus Ex Mankind Divided is now available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned for more updates!