Things have been turning in favor of Bungie with the launch of Destiny 2 as the game is now the biggest launch of 2017 in the United Kingdom in the first week of its launch, according to the sales stats provided by Chart-Track.

Destiny 2, the sequel to previous online shooter was released last Wednesday on PS4 and Xbox One has became the biggest launch of 2017 so far in the UK, that dethroned Uncharted: The Lost Legacy from the top spot to second position. The report didn’t mention the number of copies sold, however, 58% of the copies sold go with the Sony’s PS4, while remaining 42% for the Xbox One.

It must be noted that these figures only include data of physical copies sold and not the digital copies, which are mostly common now a days. But new report from suggest that the sequel still stands behind the first installment, Destiny which was launched around 3 years ago.

But it should be remembered that the first installment was also released for previous-gen consoles, the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Apart from that, the world is missing PC release of the title which will be released later next month. Missing so much, it’s great to see that the game still manages to become the biggest launch of 2017 in the UK so far.

Below is the list of top 10 titles of past week (and it doesn’t include digital sales in account);

  1. Destiny 2 (New)
  2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (1)
  3. Forza Horizon 3 (10)
  4. Grand Theft Auto V (4)
  5. Fallout 4 (14)
  6. Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy (5)
  7. F1 2017 (3)
  8. Dishonored 2 (17)
  9. Doom (19)
  10. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (2)

While the PC version will not be released on Steam which is the most popular digital platform in the world, so there are chances that we may expect different results in the beginning. PC beta of the game was available and according to the reports, it is more stable and well optimized.

See alsoDestiny 2 Surpasses 1.2 Million Concurrent Players Online

Destiny 2 lands on October 24th on PC. Stay tuned for more updates!

Via: GameSpot

Previous articleDestiny 2 Surpasses 1.2 Million Concurrent Players Online
Next articleFIFA 18 will have DEMO for PC, PS4 and XB1 on September 12th – System Requirements for DX11 and DX12
First person shooter lover and business student. PC gaming forever.