If you have a computer with an AMD Ryzen CPU, and you are facing issues related to performance in newly launched Cyberpunk 2077, then you should know that the game, despite numerous delays, and that the consoles use AMD Ryzen CPUs, the version of the game for PC has only been designed with Intel Core processors in mind. This means that the game has serious problems when it comes to taking advantage of the performance of AMD Ryzen CPUs, specifically with SMT (Simultaneous Multi-Threading) technology, and this translates into a Loss of performance.
As indicated, this problem is easily visible from the Task Manager itself, where only the physical but not logical cores (threads) of the CPU are used, a problem that does not appear when the processor is from Intel. This is because Intel C ++ compiler has been used, leading to a performance loss of up to 20 percent. As an example, users who have tried the solution to the problem have experienced great performance improvement of more than 10 FPS in CPUs with 6 or more cores.
How to fix AMD Ryzen CPUs Performance Issues in Cyberpunk 2077:
To solve the problem, you have to follow below steps:
1. Download HxD Hex Editor
2. Find the executable Cyberpunk2077.exe (Cyberpunk 2077binx64 in GOG)
3. Make a backup of Cyberpunk2077.exe, just in case
4. Drag Cuberpunk2077.exe to the HxD, a lot of numbers should appear Hexadecimal (01 FF 0D, etc)
5. Press CTRL + F, change the column to hexadecimal values
6. Put “75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08” in the search line without quotes, those values must be highlighted
7. Copy “EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08” without quotes
8. Back in HxD right click the highlighted values and select “paste insert”
9. Now go to top bar and click the save icon logo
If you are still not sure, here is a video tutorial, or wait for CD Projekt Red to fix this issue with patch.
Source: AMD Subreddit