Nvidia, in collaboration with DICE, today announced an update for Battlefield 5 that improves performance by up to 50% by activating ray tracing in real time.
This new update will allow the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti / RTX 2080 to exceed 60 FPS @ 1440p, while the GeForce RTX 2070 may exceed 60 FPS @ 1080p. Thanks to the new change in technology called Variable Rate Ray Tracing that allows directing the rays where they really matter, and without diminishing the general quality
The video also shows other technical improvements such as destruction, vegetation and reflections. These improvements will be available on December 4 when the Battlefield 5 Chapter 1 update will be released.
• Performance improvement of several components of the RayTracing implementation.
• Improves RayTracing performance on foliage and vegetation.
• Use of the framebuffer, where applicable, to increase the overall quality of RayTracing
• The inactive geometry of the RayTracing scenes was eliminated.
• The Media quality setting is not applied correctly.