The company ASUS has released new X99-M WS motherboard, and so based on the first design to build a mATX format workstation based on Intel Haswell-E / EN / EP Processor. The new model will soon appear in stores.
ASUS X99-M WS: mATX Motherboard for Workstation
Combined with the Intel Core i7 “Haswell-E” and the Xeon E5-1600 / 2600 v3 “Haswell-EN / EP” under the LGA 2011-3 and 4-channel kits DDR4 memory (up to 3200 MHz standard modules and 2133 MHz modules ECC).
For expansion cards allocated to a PCI-Express 2.0 x1 and three PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots, where you can combine two graphics cards in SLI or CrossFireX. When it comes to connections for drives, the board is featuring eight SATA 6 Gb / s single connector M.2 (with support for carriers in 2260 and 2280).
On the rear panel include, among others, two USB 3.1 ports, two Gigabit Ethernet LAN and wireless Wi-Fi 802.11ac standard (1300 Mb / s). And also do not forget the good quality of Crystal Sound audio system 2.
Specification of ASUS X99-M WS Motherboard:
- Format: mATX
- Socket LGA 2011-3
- Chipset: Intel X99
- RAM: 4x DDR4 8 GB of 3200 MHz
- Connectors for expansion boards: 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x16, 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x1
- Connectors for hard disk drives: 8x SATA 6 Gb / s, M.2 10 Gb / s
- Cconnector on the rear panel:
- one PS / 2 port
- two USB 2.0 ports
- four USB 3.0 ports
- two USB 3.1
- USB button UEFI Flashback
- two RJ45 Gigabit NICs
- Antenna connectors for your network adapter Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Aaudio connector 8-channel sound card (including optical S / PDIF)
The ASUS X99-M WSwill go on sale in August and will cost about $373 USD.