Ubisoft today announced the post-launch plans for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, including a Season Pass with two major narrative-driven gameplay expansions and an exclusive mission. In addition, all Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players will have access to free seasonal content, including in-game events and festivals, new Settlement buildings, services, and game modes. Ubisoft also announces that Discovery Tour, the educational tool that allows anyone to explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in 2021.
With the Season Pass, players will discover new territories and stories through two major expansions and an exclusive mission. Once available, the expansions will be accessible early within the main game structure, offering a meaningful story that adds to that of Valhalla’s rich open world. In addition to this, all players will enjoy new free content through Seasons, with each season lasting three months. Season 1 will arrive in December 2020, extending the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla post-launch experience.
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass is included in the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector’s Editions, and is available to purchase separately for $ 39.99 or regional price on Xbox One on PS4 and PC. The Season Pass includes:
- The Legend of Beowulf Mission : In this exclusive mission, players will discover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on the launch day of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Q2 2021): In this new adventure, players will travel to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious Druidic cult, tracking and discovering its members. Immersing themselves in Gaelic myths and folklore, they will have to fight their way through enchanted forests and stunning landscapes while gaining influence among the Gaelic kings.
- Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Q3 2021) : In The Siege of Paris, players will have the opportunity to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking history with key historical figures from the war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the Seine River under prolonged siege, uncover the secrets of the enemy and form strategic alliances to safeguard the future of their clan.
Additionally, all players will have access to a wide range of free seasonal content, including new storytelling content and in-game events available after launch. Each season will last for three months and will come with exciting content, accessible to all types of players and levels of progression, focused on gameplay and the evolution of the world.
Season 1 will premiere in December 2020 with the following content planned:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: raids on the river. Based on the raid mechanics of Valhalla, the mode will offer a dynamic, challenging and highly playable raiding experience.
- The addition of Ranks of Jomsviking – In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their strike team, but they can also recruit some of their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher the Lieutenant’s rank, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Lastly, as in every season, the first season will also come with new abilities and skills of the players, weapons and equipment, and cosmetic items for the settlement, the longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will premiere in March 2021, with a new game mode that focuses on the base experiences of Valhalla combat, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear, cosmetic items, and more. More information on Seasons 3 and 4 will follow later.
There will be more to come as the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla development team is committed to supporting the game and continually improving the base experience with additional content yet to be revealed.