The next Assassin’s Creed will be effectively set in the Viking era, today an user on 4chan has published the first details and images of this new entry in the universe of the Assassin’s. This will be called nothing less than Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok (Assassin’s Creed Kingdom is planned as a crossgen title for 2020), and below you can read its main features:
- The main character will be an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and will help in the formation of the great pagan army
- The map is divided into several kingdoms that cover all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. These in turn, are divided into several regions that house several settlements, which can be customized, and have their own economy system.
- The large-scale conquest battles return, and can be deployed to weaken enemy settlements in the region. Some of them are also part of the main plot.
- The protagonist does not become a murderer or use a hidden blade
- The lore about the First Civilization is less present than at Odyssey, but we will find a vault and the Mjolnir hammer
- The game is being developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal
- The creative director is Ashraf and the narrative director is Darby McDevvit
- Sofia is collaborating with the development, but is planning to create a DLC set in Iceland and will make us use Yggdrasil to move across the nine realms
- The cooperative mode (released in Unity) comes back and can take advantage to do many secondary quests and explore the world
- The mechanics RPG, the eagle and the combat with boats are once again, although the latter are less frequent to focus on exploration
- The game is more set in the exploration, looking to eliminate the unexplored areas of the map, and making players want to explore the corners to get a better booty (as in Breath of the Wild)
- Greater emphasis on building and using armor
- The player has the ability to change suits instantly, which can help to accelerate or diminish the notoriety in different realms and prevent the sheriffs from persecuting us
Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok has yet to be revealed, but we can expect official announcement at E3 2019.