If you have a computer coupled with an AMD Ryzen CPU than you are in luck, because the manufacturers have launched a wave of BIOS for their motherboards that incorporate the microcode AGESA 188.8.131.52. This firmware directly influences in performance improvement of the platform thanks to the improvement in the compatibility and performance of the RAM in the platform.
AMD Ryzen New Bios Bring Performance Improvements
Some manufacturers already offered update to this microcode since last April 11 for some specific motherboards, but it has not been so far when we can talk about a massive availability. With these new BIOS you will be able to use memory modules of up to 3200 MHz or 4 modules of memory to 2667 MHz. There are some models that still are not being updated, we leave you with a list with the most recent BIOS for each model.
BIOS based on this new code will have four major improvements for Ryzen:
- We have reduced DRAM latency by approximately 6ns. This can result in higher performance for latency sensitive applications.
- We solved a condition in which an unusual FMA3 code sequence could cause a system crash.
- We solved the “overclock sleep bug” where an incorrect CPU frequency could be set after resuming from sleep state S3.
- The AMD Ryzen Master no longer requires the High-Precision Event Timer (HPET).
We will continue to update future AGESA versions when they are complete, and we are already working hard to offer you in May a new BIOS that focuses on DDR4 memory with Overclocking.
- B350 Tomahawk 7A34v13
- B350 PCMate 7A34vA2
- B350M Mortar 7A37v12
- B350M Mortar Arctic 7A37vA2
- B350M Bazooka 7A38v12
- B350M Gaming Pro 7A39v24
- X370 Gaming Pro Carbon 7A32v13
- X370 XPower Gaming Titanium 7A31v14
- X370 Krait Gaming 1.1
- X370 SLI Plus 3.1
- AX370-Gaming K7 F3
- AX370-Gaming 5 F5
- AX370-Gaming K5 F2
- AB350-Gaming 3 F6
- AB350M-Gaming 3 F4
- GA-AB350-Gaming F4
- Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming 2.00
- X370 Taichi 2.00
- Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 2.20
- X370 Killer SLI/a – 2.30
- Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 2.50
- AB350 Pro4 2.50
- AB350M Pro4 2.10
- AB350M 2.00