While NVIDIA is still busy with drivers, AMD launched its new graphics drivers Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3, which come to add support to Hitman and make striking improvements in performance. Now the Radeon R9 Fury X can run the Rise of the Tomb Raider with up to 16 percent improvement comparing with Software Crimson Edition 16.2. While the main beneficiary is the Gear of Wars Ultimate Edition, up to 60 percent on Radeon R9 Fury X and up to 44 percent with the Radeon R9 380.
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3, bring great improvements
Improvements continue updating the Cross-fire profiles for Hitman and The Park, support the API Vulkan is improved, now you can change the language of drivers with the new section “Language”, the new functionality Display Scaling is introduced where we can have settings pre-defined the upscaling of each game, an indicator that tells us when you are using the configuration AMD CrossFireX, add optimizations in the energy efficiency of the Radeon 300 and Fury X, AMD XConnect technology also added to support the use of Thunderbolt external graphics cards.
- Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption (Fixed with new Power Efficiency feature toggled to off)
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition – Random freezes may be experienced during gameplay
- Ashes of the Singularity 2.0 Benchmark now supports DirectFlip
- XCOM 2 flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – The game may randomly crash on launch if Tessellation is enabled
You can download the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 from the following link.