As expected, AMD has released the first update of its new graphics driver suit Radeon Software Crimson reaching version 15.11.1. This new update comes to solve the problem found on some graphics cards as the fan locked fan RPM at 20%, causing overheats cards, and as such during a hefty gaming session if the GPU isn’t cooled enough. The company has also prepared several other fixes for minor bugs and introduced improvements in support for the latest games.
AMD launches Radeon Software Crimson 15.11.1
Yesterday we informed you about a big problem with a Radeon graphics card for users who have installed the Radeon Software Crimson. AMD quickly announced it would release a patch that will fix the locked RPM of the fan to make it possible to switch to automatic. Below you can see the long list of fixed issues:
- Fixed a bug where changing fan setting on the AMD OverDrive after the first edition after the restart,
- Fixed a bug where the fan speed AMD OverDrive is automatically switched to Manual after exiting a 3D game or application, users no longer need to reset the settings to make sure that all works well,
- eliminated the problem with AMD OverDrive, which in some cases did not want to restore the default settings,
- Settings Radeon no longer hangs when viewing the Display tab when the image is cloned using the HDMI connector on some notebooks,
- there is no longer an error when installing the driver when you install the component ACP
- Fixed several bugs related to the Chinese language, which occurred when using the settings panel.
- resolves an issue where the Radeon Settings could not be updated in the selected installation scenarios
- Fixed flickering snow in several locations in the Star Wars: Battlefront,
- Fixed rendering of the sky in several locations in the Star Wars: Battlefront,
- Fixed problem with displaying the shadowy textures in Star Wars: Battlefront,
- fixed bug in Fallout 4, which concerns flickering compass when using a Radeon R9 series 390; AMD still studying the problem in the case of R9 and R9 290 295X2.
- fixed bug with display of textures in Just Cause 3
- AMD CrossFire works now well in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.
As usual, it revealed a list of known bugs, on whose work the elimination of red:
- Total War: Rome II – the possible presence of cropping during the game,
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – the game may momentarily frozen
- Just Cause 3 – the system may hang when’ll switch between the game and another task using the processor and graphics card AMD
- Just Cause 3 – it is possible that flicker during the game and on the menu,
- Anno 2205 – splashing water may flicker when the Ultra mode is active and the game runs in 4K,
- Fallout 4 – the game can be pruned when using AMD configuration Freesync in Ultra mode and 1440p resolution.
AMD praised that from the time of release, the Radeon Software Crimson already been downloaded 2.5 million times. At the same time the company pointed out that there is no verified data on corrupted graphics cards due to an error on the fan speed.
“To be clear, there were no verified reports of damaged GPU, and our engineers confirmed that the thermal control of our data works as expected, to prevent damage. The rest is FUD (disinformation strategy of customers to competitors or intentional misrepresentation by other users). “
You can download the Radeon Software Crimson 15.11.1 drivers from the official website of AMD, by going to this address.