AMD announced the launch of its desktop based seventh generation of A-Series APUs ‘Bristol Ridge‘, where the remarkable novelty is the use of an entirely new platform consists of many motherboards that will use the new AM4 socket attached to two / four DIMM slots supporting DDR4 memory with up to 2400 MHz. This new socket allows a performance increase of up to 17 percent over the previous generation of processors incorporates several PCI-Express 3.0 x16 lines, USB connectivity 3.1 Gen2, NVMe support, SATA Express, M.2 and U.2.
AMD Launches Desktop Based 7th-Gen Bristol Ridge APUs, Feature AM4 Socket
With the launch of AM4 motherboard, there will be no less than four chipsets, two low-mid range, available from today as B350 and A320. The A300 chipset will focus on compact (Mini-ITX and Micro- ATX) motherboards, while the B350 chipset is mid – range that consumes only 5.8W. The flagship successor chipset of 990FX and A88X is still unknown, it will be arriving with AMD Zen.
All these new Bristol Ridge APUs make use of two and four cores under the Excavator architecture with different frequencies, while GCN architecture in the graphics section to enhance the multimedia aspect and run more demanding games. Right now, we have seven APUs and one CPU (Athlon X4 950) for sale, starting with a model of two cores at frequencies Base / Turbo 3.00 / 3.40 GHz to reach 4 cores @ 3.80 / 4.20 GHz with Radeon R7 graphics with 8 CUs giving a TDP 65W.
AMD 7th-Gen Bristol Ridge APUs Lineup
- A12-9800:- 4 Cores/ 4 Threads, freq. @ 3.80 GHz basis, turbo @ 4.20 GHz, Radeon R7 Graphics (8 CUs @ 1108 MHz), TDP 65W
- A12-9800E:- 4 Cores/ 4 Threads, freq. Based @ 3.10 GHz, 3.80 GHz turbo @, Radeon R7 Graphics (8 CUs @ 900 MHz), TDP 35W
- A10-9700:- 4 Cores/ 4 Threads, freq. Hz @ 3.5G0 basis, turbo @ 3.80 GHz, Radeon R7 Graphics (6 CUs @ 1029 MHz), TDP 65W
- A10-9700E:- 4 Cores/ 4 Threads, freq. @ 3.00 GHz basis, turbo @ 3.50 GHz, Radeon R7 Graphics (6 CUs @ 847MHz), TDP 35W
- A8-9600:- 4 Cores/ 4 Threads, freq. Based @ 3.10 GHz, 3.40 GHz turbo @, Radeon R7 Graphics (6 CUs @ 900MHz), TDP 65W
- Athlon X4 950:- 4 Cores/ 4 Threads, freq. Based @ 3.50 GHz, 3.80 GHz @ turbo without GPU, TDP 65W
- A6-9500:- 2 Cores/ 2 Threads, freq. @ 3.50 GHz basis, turbo @ 3.80 GHz, Radeon R5 Graphics (6 CUs @ 1029 MHz), TDP 65W
- A6-9500E:- 2 Cores/ 2 Threads, freq. @ 3.00 GHz basis, turbo @ 3.40 GHz, Radeon R5 Graphics (4 CUs @ 800 MHz), TDP 35W