It’s been nine days since the graphics driver Catalyst 15.5 Beta was leaked, today AMD has officially announced, so thanks to the release note confirmed that the new Driver is equipped with lots of improvements. It will improve the performance of your Radeon R7 and R9 Series Graphics cards in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by upto 10 percent, while in the racing simulator Project CARS you will see the increment of performance by up to 17 percent.
On the other hand, adds CrossFire profile for The Witcher 3 and some performance problems are solved and flickering under that hardware configuration. In Project CARS solved the problems observed in the Anti-alaising. You can download the drivers from the following link.
AMD Radeon users who are suffering from the NVIDIA Hairworks problem can follow these steps in order to make the running game more fluid and you will see an increment of about 10 FPS.
- Step 1: Make sure that Hair Works is enabled (either for Geralt or Everything)
- Step 2: Open up Windows Explorer and go to The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base
- Step 3: open “rendering.ini” with Notepad and search for “HairWorksAALevel=8″
- Step 4: Change the value for “HairWorksAALevel=8″ to 6, 4, 2 or 0. (More for High end video cards)
- Step 5: Save “rendering.ini” and start your game. Enjoy a nice 5fps to 20fps performance boost (depending on what settings you chose) along with Geralt’s glorious mane!
For reference I’m using a r9 290 and I have little to no performance impact if I use 8x, if I bump it up to 16x then I regularly drop to 50 in intense areas (e.g. wolf packs). So there you have it, let me know if this also works for you guys – and also if you happen to find any issues that arise from doing this tweak.