AMD announced today its new AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors, where we must highlight that the Zen3 microarchitecture offers an improvement in IPC of 19 percent, or in other words, a Ryzen 5000 processor at the same speed as Ryzen 3000 will offer 19 percent extra performance. Additionally, there are also improvements in power consumption, indicating an improvement in performance per watt consumed of 40 percent (Ryzen 9 3900XT vs Ryzen 9 5900X).
To finish the improvements implemented, lets talk about latencies, which have been reduced by half thanks to the information already leaked. Zen3 each CCD has a single 8-core CCX with access to 32 MB of L3 cache, while in the Ryzen 3000 each CCD had 2x CCX’s of 4 cores each with 16 MB of L3 cache. Thanks to this, the cores have direct access to the cache and communication between the cores and the memory is accelerated, significantly reducing latencies and improving performance in games.
For now we will have only four models announced, all of them hitting the market on November 5, which makes it clear that they are already accumulating silicon to avoid stock problems.
|Model||Cores / Threads||Freq.
|Freq. Turbo||Cache (L2 + L3)||TDP||Price|
|AMD Ryzen 9 5950X||16/32||??? GHz||4.90 GHz||72 MB||105W||799 dollars|
|AMD Ryzen 9 5900X||12/24||3.70 GHz||4.80 GHz||70 MB||105W||$ 549|
|AMD Ryzen 7 5800X||8/16||3.80 GHz||4.70 GHz||36 MB||105W||$ 449|
|AMD Ryzen 5 5600X||6/12||3.70 GHz||4.60 GHz||35 MB||65W||$ 299|
AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Processors Performance
- The AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is up to 28% faster in games compared to the AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT (26% on average)
- The AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is on average 7% faster in games compared to the Intel Core i9-10900K
- The AMD Ryzen 9 5950X is 5-11% faster in games compared to the Intel Core i9-10900K
- The AMD Ryzen 9 5950X is up to 27 percent faster than the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X in content creation.
- The AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is the first desktop processor to break the 600-point barrier in Cinebench R20 single-threaded (544 points on Intel Core i9-10900K)
Availability and price
As you can see in the table, we have price increases of around $ 50 on all CPUs compared to the Ryzen 3000. We will have to see what happens in euros.
In terms of availability, we already indicated that all of them will arrive on November 5, while the Ryzen 5 5600X will be the only one of these CPUs that includes a standard cooling system (Wraith Stealth).