Microsoft announced a new feature called Xbox Play Anywhere, which allows gamers to purchase the game for once and it will be playable on Xbox One and Windows 10 at no extra cost.
All new games by Microsoft will launch for Windows 10 and Xbox One
Furthermore, the players will be able to play the game on any one of the platforms with shared progress and achievements. The feature will arrive on Windows 10 PCs on August 2 along with the major Anniversary Update and will be officially coming on September 13th with first supported game, ReCore.
Recently, Microsoft announced that every upcoming game which will be published by the company will be supported with Xbox Play Anywhere feature. Which is indeed a good news for PC gamers as well because they can now enjoy games announced for Xbox One on their hardware.
It was also announced that all the first party games Halo 6, Forza and many more will also be released on Windows 10 PCs. Yusuf Mehdi, CVP of Windows and Device group at Microsoft confirmed the upcoming games will be supported with this feature.
“Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.“
Microsoft also revealed a list of games which are supported by Xbox Play Anywhere feature, can be checked below;
- Gears of War 4 – Available for Pre-order
- Forza Horizon 3 – Available for Pre-order
- ReCore – Available for Pre-order
- Sea of Thieves – Sometime in 2017
- Halo Wars 2 – Available for Pre-order
- Scalebound – Available for Pre-order
- Killer Instinct Season 3 – Available Now
- State of Decay 2 – Sometime in 2017
- Ark: Survival Evolved – Available Now on Xbox Game Preview
- Cuphead – Sometime in 2016
- We Happy Few – Sometime in 2016
- Crackdown 3 – Sometime in 2017
Stay tuned for more updates!
Via: Microsoft Blogs