Microsoft and Relic Entertainment today announced that the closed beta for Age of Empires 4 will begin on August 5 and conclude on August 16.
Those who have registered as insiders on the Age of Empires page before August 3, will have a chance to play the game on August 5.
Players participating in the closed beta will be able to enjoy the following content:
- Go over the basics with the tutorial mission, Mission Zero. Arm yourself with knowledge by rebuilding a township, learning important lessons about economics, combat, and other basic skills.
- Test your mettle in multiplayer or against AI matches, including up to eight human or AI players . You can play against other Insiders or test the AI - data is being collected on a variety of game types.
- Experience a wide range of maps that allow you to customize your own experience . You will be able to select only from a sample of the launch maps planned during the closed beta, but don’t worry about the options: each map allows the user to select a variety of sizes and appearances (called “biomes” in the game).
- Try four of the eight civilizations on launch day. Perfect your strategies with the Mongolian, English, Delhi Sultanate and Chinese civilizations, about which you can learn more HERE.
- Observe the games of others. Given its importance to the Age community, the closed beta will allow participants to view other players’ games (as long as the game creator approves).
The minimum requirements to play the closed beta are as follows:
Age of Empires 4 Minimum System Requirements:
- OS : Windows 10
- Processor : 1.7-2.7GHz (turbo) 4-core: Intel Core i5-4460T (35w) | AMD FX-6300 or higher
- Memory : 8 GB RAM
- Video Card : NVIDIA GTX 760 | AMD Radeon R7 260X or better with at least 2GB of VRAM
Age of Empires IV will officially launch on October 28 via Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, or Steam. Its cost on Steam or Microsoft Store will be $ 59.99 or $ 79.99 or regional price, for Standard or Deluxe editions, respectively.
“One of the most beloved real-time strategy games once again shows its splendor with Age of Empires IV, where you will be the star of the epic historical battles that shaped the world we know today. Age of Empires IV combines what already worked for you at the time with innovative formulas so you can enjoy expanding your empire as far as your eyes can reach; all with impressive visual fidelity in 4K. “