W3 Studios has launched a Kickstarter campaign for their game “Abatron“, an RTS/FPS hybrid that is being developed with Unreal Engine 4 for the PC.
Abatron: RTS-FPS Hybrid Game Developed With Unreal Engine 4
Abatron is all about controlling the battlefield, whether that’s conquering your foes with superior strategy in our RTS mode or taking the fight to the ground in first or third Person combat. Throughout the game, as your armies grow, so does the potential to unlock more upgrades and abilities for your army.
The core development of the team is spanned across three generations of family. A Grandfather, father and son. They were inspired to create Abatron when family and friends attending LAN parties couldn’t decide on which games they wanted to play together because of the different genres. So the idea of a game that combines them was sparked.
- Switch between FPS and RTS – Take over any unit at any time and get into the battle!
- Hero mode abilities – Level up your hero to unlock special unit abilities. Try different units for different skills
- Map Based Strategies – Use neutral creatures to swarm an enemy base, or take over the Critter Queen for powerful attacks
- Research and Scavenge Technologies – Gather resources to build advanced technologies, furthering your army’s power.
- Solo, Coop, and PvP game modes – Multiple game modes ensures you play Abatron the way you want.
- Coop vs AI
- Campaign story mode
- Command your troops while in FPS mode
- Pair up with another unit for a combo attack
- Transport vehicles
- New races, More Abilities
- Modding Support!
Abatron Minimum System Requirements
- OS: 64-Bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, or Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Processor: 2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 4 GB available space
Anyone can try the free Alpha version on their Steam page.